Services and Controller app broken?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheGustav, Sep 13, 2006.

1. TheGustav

TheGustav Private E-2

Hey people... A few hours ago I shut down my computer during a bad storm... And my computer had been having problems turning on recently (I think something with the power supply?) but that's another problem entirely... Because I could eventually get it to work.

But this time after I managed to get the computer on and load onto my account...
    I get the something went wrong with this, report or don't report error window thing for the "Services and Controller app" or services.exe .....

Then whatever I choose, or if I don't choose, it'll eventually give me a sort of window that says I have 1 minute to quit and save programs before windows shuts down, and gives me the 1 minute countdown.... And turns me off....

This happened out of the blue... Not sure what I could have done to cause this problem, and definately no idea how to fix this...

When that window doesn't pop up, after a few minutes of being logged in will result in sending me to a blue screen telling me windows shut down to protect itself or whatever it was....

Any help on what I can do? I'm running in safe mode right now, that seems to work... Sad thing is I need to use my computer within 2 hours at the latest to do something...

If all else fails at least tell me how to use my printer while in safe mode?

I would prefer a fix though, thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Another item to do, is if this starts happening, QUICKLY:

Clist START, then RUN, then type in: cmd (press enter).
    type in:

shutdown /a (press enter)

This should abort the shutdown process.

What os and service pack are ye running?

4. TheGustav

TheGustav Private E-2

Windows XP home SP 2

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Did you try either the repair install or the shutdown /a process?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds