Set as desktop background missing from context menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by EStrother, Jul 29, 2012.

1. EStrother

EStrother Private E-2

I'm running windows 7 64 bit home premium, 700 GB hard drive, 6 GB RAM.
    There's no "set as desktop background" option in the context menu on any of my image files on my PC, the option is in the context menu in Internet Explorer. I've searched through all kinds of forums with no luck. So I thought I'd give y'all a try especially since Chastain (I think it was) worked with me and we finally got my last problem fixed. So hope y'all can help.

Thanks

Eric

2. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

Sorry if this is obvious but I have to ask, are you right clicking on the icon and not the picture?
    Open (view) the picture and then right click on it

3. EStrother

EStrother Private E-2

It does work that way. But if I right click on any of my pictures in the files the option is missing or if I select a picture in my files the option is missing, it used to be in the context menu, I just noticed a mission a few days ago.

4. EStrother

EStrother Private E-2

Sorry. I meant to say if I select a picture of my files, then click on the File tab up top the option is missing.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. EStrother

EStrother Private E-2

I don't keep my pictures in the Windows default folder either, so I had to use the browse option to the folder where the picture I wanted was stored and do it that way.

If you read the TIP part of that webpage, that's what I can't do, I've even tried it on some of my pictures on a USB external hard drive, and it don't work from there either.

Thanks.

7. EStrother

EStrother Private E-2

Just checking in. Haven't heard anything in a while. Does that mean nobody knows, or still trying to figure it out?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds