Setting Bit-rate For Audio Ripping?

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazylegs, Oct 24, 2007.

1. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

Gang, noobie here to Linux (PCLinuxOS). I like this distro but I'm having a problem ripping CDs to my harddrive. All the rippers I've tried have no provision (I can't see a provision) for setting the bit-rate. I like to rip my favorite albums to install on my 1 gig pen drive and play in my car, but can't because one song may be 40-50 megs. Is there a program that allows you to set the bit-rate? Am I doing something wrong? I used to rip in Media player (wma at 128). It was fast and easy. This Linux ripping has me flummoxed. Evidently, Linux doesn't support wma file either, but that's no big deal as I was able to set up the ripping as mp3 file type. There has to be a way of doing this. Thanks all.
    Crazylegs

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What application are you using?

3. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

Adrynalyne, thanks for the prompt response. I was using Grip, KaudioCreator and Kaffiene. However, since I first posted, I tried K3b and it works! I have no idea what bitrate it's using, but I ripped one of my fav Cds and the whole CD came out to 58 MBs, encoded to MP3. I put them on my thumb drive and viola. Looks like I'll get quite a bit on a 1 giger. This is excellent. Thanks again, you spurred me into using another app. I appreciate it.
    Crazylegs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds