Setting up a connection in internet explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by dosh, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dosh

dosh Private E-2

Im trying to set up a connection in Internet explorer, I'm on a laptop which has a wireless, how would i set up a connection to connect to my wireless hub for Internet explorer to work.

Another question is there a way to make my default browser firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and would this stop programs from opening Internet Explorer and open FireFox??

For example i have this program which uses Internet Explorer within the program, so if theres no connection in Internet Explorer the program wont work.

Thanks

2. dosh

dosh Private E-2

bump:)

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Please refer to this Microsoft article titled, 4 steps to set up your home wireless network, and post back with any specific questions.

This won't work for EVERY program, as Internet Explorer is too tightly integrated with Windows, and other Microsoft products, but to set Firefox as the default browser, please do the following:

1. Launch Firefox
    2. Select 'Options' from the 'Tools' menu

[​IMG]

3. On the 'Options' dialog, ensure you are in the 'Main' section. Under 'System Defaults' ensure the checkbox next to 'Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup' is selected.
    4. Press the 'Check Now' button

Firefox will now prompt you to make Firefox the default browser. Simply select 'OK', and you are done!

4. dosh

dosh Private E-2

Thanks i tried everything, ive gone through the process but for some reason my Internet Explorer still don't connect to the internet. FireFox works completly fine.
    Is there a way that i can completely uninstall it and then install it again?

Thanks

5. dosh

dosh Private E-2

bump

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi, have you tried checking your firewall settings...disable it for a second and try to connect to IE?

7. dosh

dosh Private E-2

yh i tried that first but no luck :S
    any programs that let me compltly remove internet explorer 7 ?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds