setting up two pcs to play battlefield

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boogiemaster, Jun 24, 2005.

1. boogiemaster

boogiemaster Private E-2

There are two computers in my house, and my kids want to play battlefield with the two computers linked up?
    Could I use my main computer as a server and be able to play on it at the same time?.
    My computer is an Athlon 64 3800+ with one gig ram, my sons computer is an Athlon 2.6 with one gig ram.

I know how to build computers but don’t have a clue about setting up game servers or software? Can anyone tell me how to set up my computer and what software/ settings I need to do?

Also please take it easy because I don’t have a clue on this stuff. Thanks for your help.

2. criminelis

criminelis Corporal

take an UTP cable, hook em up to each other. Take the server and host a game. Select join game with the client and if all goes well you'll see eacht other.

Troubleshooting:

See if both pc's are in the right ip range (be sure to write ip settings down before you change them, so you can restore internet settings etc.)
    Try install ipx/spx protocol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds