Settings Not Saving!

Discussion in 'Software' started by RainFalls, Jun 1, 2006.

1. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

From Browser settings to file folders settings.....none of my settings will stay as I like.
    Tips or help would be great.......Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Tell us the os ...and give an example of exactly what you do and the results, please.:) :)

3. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

Browser: right click to hide/show Google.....Yahoo disappears
    right click to show/hide Yahoo......Roboform disappears

Folders: I want it to stay on Details but never does

Toolbar never remembers the Quick Launch

My mouse jumps all over the place when not even touching it and I also can hear it click (like on a link) but I'm not touching it.

I've had lots of headaches with spyware and trojans, i'm constantly reading up on this but came across something I didn't know about and that is Dialers.......

Not too long ago I was informed of: Heuristic/Trojan.Downloader.....What is this and how to remove it.

I run Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm, Web Washer, Spybot, Advanced Windows Care V2, A-squared to name a few and I'm the Administrator and only user of this computer.

My computer info is here in my sig. and I'm using DSL connection....anything else??

Thanks so much

4. TimW

5. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

After doing a complete re-install I now have a virus called...........The Trj/Agent.CAV Virus was found in file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\miniclipGameLoader.dll

How do I go about removing this??

6. TimW

Re-read my last post!!!

7. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

Agreed! The malware removal thread will help get your system free from viruses, spyware, trojans and the like. The how to protect yourself from malware thread will set you up with an excellent, free, redundant defense against spyware and viruses.

(heh, btw, the malware removal thread is officially known as "Read and run me first before asking for support" ;) )

8. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Yea I agree with Tim RainFalls you have a nasty and the good folks at Major Geeks Malware Thread will help, just save them some time by clearly reading there "START ADVISE" listings first, and do EVERYTHING they list.
    Good Luck it may take some time to get rid of it Hey what gives here do we have two "Milties" both from Ontario:D

9. TimW

@BCGray ...No ....it's Mada_Milty's dual personality showing thru....

10. BCGray

BCGray Guest

I Know he's here, but for some reason the Milities will not come out and PLAY TimW:D :eek:

11. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

We're here! Our usual account got locked out this morning! We're definitely not in a good mood, either! :mad: :mad:

12. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

How do I go about creating a new folder without the C:Documents and Settings...???
    When I went to desktop to right click new folder it still comes up in the Documents/Settings......I'm trying to create a folder for spyware tools as outlined on the READ FIRST PAGE.....Thanks

13. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

The desktop folder is actually a folder within the documents and settings folder, so you won't be able to create on on the desktop. C:\malware tools will do, for example. That won't be in the documents and settings directory.

14. BCGray

BCGray Guest

RainFalls I think you might be refering to chaslang advise with regards to HJT were he ask's that you place it in the programs file on your Boot Drive? Go to "My Computer", open your drive Icon, go to Program files open then create your "New Folder" there. Hope that helps RainFalls and please ignore us Geeks for giving "Milty" a rough time on your thread Hey Private Milty drop and give us ten, for botching your account :p :D :D

15. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

Okay I created a folder called *malware tools* and I saved Spybot in there, it's in Program Files so should work right??
    Thanks BC Gray and Milty for the help......continuing on with my virus crap you guys have fun :)

16. RainFalls

RainFalls Private E-2

On another note.....If i've already got some of the spyware tools that Chaslang mentions should I take'em out and re-install to the new folder or does it matter??

17. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

The folder you created is only for the installation files. Running the installation files will cause the setup programs to create their own folders. If you have the latest versions of these tools, I wouldn't worry about it.

18. TimW

Leave them where they are ...as BC stated, the folder creation was for the Hijack this .....:) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds