Setup initialization error :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickson2, Jan 26, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

I tried to install a disk for my child and i choose install and it show progress bar installation go through to 100% but then comes up with "Setup Initialization Error"
    "Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.EXE."

I used to run this program on windows 98, could this be the problem as i am trying to run it on xp? although i think it has worked previously on xp.

Help my daughter is distressed :'(

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what is the program please..

3. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

TLC Reader Rabbits Key Stage 1 is the program

4. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

Cleared Temp files, wots MDAC? and the program is TLC Reader Rabbits Key Stage 1

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

does the installation make a folder for the program even though it quits?

6. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

my guess is that the game instals then possibly trys to autorun then crashes
    so following on from what kodo said can you locate a folder for this game then explore that folder and find the start.exe or application that starts the game should be an icon like a rabbit or something right click the file-properties-compatibility mode then use the run in 98 mode

just a thought could be miles off :rolleyes:

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

that after this..

finding the _setup.lib file on the CD and putting it into the root folder for the software and then running setup again.

8. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

that was my other guess (not) :D :p :D

9. Chrimbo

Chrimbo Private E-2

Locate the RRF folder on the CD, copy it to your local hard drive.

err... thats it.

You do not have the luxury of an uninstall option, but hey, you've got a happy kid! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds