Sfc Files Missing/corrupt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Han Solo, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Private E-2

I've tried sfc /scannow first and then sfc fix. Nothing seems to work. Should I post the cbs and the sfc logs? This is a windows 7 service pack 1 machine.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Zip the CBS folder and attach it to your next reply. Someone will look through the log.

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You don't need to waste time with a CBS log, which is hard to read and decipher anyway.
    That's why Microsoft's SFC Scan now allows you to create a simple TEXT file directly to the desktop:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

How to view details of the System File Checker process
    To view the details that included in the CBS.Log file, you can copy the information to the Sfcdetails.txt file by using the Findstr command, and then view the details in the Sfcdetails.txt. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Open an elevated command prompt as described in the previous step 1.
    2. At the command prompt, type OR COPY and PASTE the following command, and then press ENTER
      findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
    3. Note The Sfcdetails.txt file contains details from every time that the System File Checker tool has been run on the computer. The file includes information about files that were not repaired by the System File Checker tool. Verify the date and time entries to determine the problem files that were found the last time that you ran the System File Checker tool.
    4. Open the Sfcdetails.txt file from your desktop.
    5. Now read the link on how to fix corrupt files.

4. Han Solo

Han Solo Private E-2

OK. It seems to be working I am able to replace corrupt files but then I get these types of messages on the sfcdetails.txt "Cannot verify component files for 371842cfb53dcdc526a99df17aa086b8, Version = 11.2.9600.17691, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)". How do you fix that?

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You need to attach the SFC text document.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Private E-2

7. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

From Microsoft:

I agree with this completely after reading through your SFC text.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Han Solo likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds