Sfc Scan Now Found Corrupt Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by barats, Jun 9, 2016.

1. barats

barats Private E-2

I replaced my Ram and went from a HDD to a SSD a few months back. We used the Samsung transfer program to get Windows 7 from the HDD to the SSD. Had a few issues but got it to work. But over time, it seems to act quirky at times. Some programs don't work properly (i.e. CCleaner). Some stuff doesn't install. Also, a few important Windows updates don't install. And Windows 10 update does not install properly anymore. But none of these issues occurred when I was on the HDD.

Did a SFC Scan and got this:

[​IMG]

And this was the log. But I have no idea at all how to interpret anything in this log. I have attached the log.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• CBS.log
      File size:
      693.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I would run SFC again to double check to see if it's gone.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Than run a Chkdsk /F it will ask you if you want to reboot yes or no question and type Y enter than reboot.

4. Stephen_c16

Stephen_c16 Master Sergeant

5. barats

barats Private E-2

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Those options did not work for me, though. Something went screwy when I transferred my Windows 7 info from my HDD to my SSD. And it seems every suggestion from here and around the net does not work. There are certain files that are corrupt now and causes issues.

Also, there is no longer a recovery partition when I tried to just revert back.

Would I need to reinstall Windows at this point? I've never ran into this issue.

I still have my old HDD and it's in working order. Could I try to get anything from that?

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

First try a repair.
    Carefully follow the instructions.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html
    You can recover your files by connecting it to your PC via an IDE/SATA to USB connector.

barats likes this.
  7. barats

barats Private E-2

Thanks man.

I have a friend who gets a discount for a Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade. She'd send me the download link and the product key. Do you think that would repair my faulty Windows 7 pro install? This looked like that was what this link was doing, an upgrade. And replacing the corrupt files.

Only thing I am cautious about is it would not let me download Windows 10 anymore after going to the SSD because of the corrupt files.

8. Eldon

I'm not sure about this as I have the original Windows 7 Ultimate disc which I used for repairs.
    I suggest you have a look over here.
    Make sure you have your product key.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7
    You then burn the *.iso file to DVD from within Windows 7.

9. barats

barats Private E-2

Only issue is, my product has been worn off the back of my laptop. Can not make it out. I called Microsoft and they help me find the key on my laptop but it was just a dummy key and won't work to validate.

10. Eldon

No problem.
    Use this program to find your product key.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/mskeyviewer_plus.html

barats and Stephen_c16 like this.
  11. Stephen_c16

Stephen_c16 Master Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds