sfc scan performed 76%

Discussion in 'Software' started by bishbish, Jul 3, 2010.

1. bishbish

bishbish Private E-2

sfc scan performed only 76% instead of 100%,displayed error message "windows resource protection could not perform requested operation".what is the reason behind it?

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

What is your operating system and what are you using for security software?

Why do you need to run the SFC program? I assume you are having some problems and the specifics as to what these are may help.

3. bishbish

bishbish Private E-2

My operating system is windows vista sp2 32bit and antivirus program avast free edition,just a general query I want to know the reason behind it.:confused

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

I've got to ask, you are running this from an elevated command prompt, right?

If you are not having any other performance issues with this machine, personally I'd leave it. I've seen a few buggy issues like this with Vista, and this on machines that ran perfectly in every other way.

If you want to pursue, you could boot from the recovery disk/partition and run a repair, this would leave your data files intact, (but please back them up first). I would give this a 50/50 chance of success. I've corresponded with some MS troubleshooters on some of these and usually they end up recommending a reinstall, losing all settings and data of course.

And I assume you are reasonably certain you have no malware?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds