Share To Web Upload Folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by rodell, Oct 4, 2006.

1. rodell

rodell Private First Class

Here's a real strange problem I hope you experts can resolve for me.

I downloaded HP Camera drivers/programs routinely. Found at desktop not one new icon but four of them. The last was the one referenced above.

At right click the customary box, OPEN, EXPLORE, etc., does not apprear. Instead there is an hour glass which continues and continues and continues. Ctrl/Alt/Delete END TASK only partially successful.

Because of removal of the three other icons, this one is not on All Programs list, nor Add/Delete Software, or anywhere else. When highlight it and try to move to Recycle Bin is does not superimpose. But can move it elsewhere on the desktop.

Please tell me how to DELETE IT!

Thanks,

2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

3. rodell

As one tar heel to another, I resist subscribing to that URL simply to delete a program, but I do appreciate yoyur prompt response.

have a good one!

Cordially.

4. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

I don't subscribe to that URL either. All you have to do is scroll down the page that opens and read the discussion. No need to subscribe.

I think what you read as you scroll down may be of help.

5. rodell

Many thanks, Kinht. Quite a website -- frustratingly so!

Spent last hour on it and derivitives such as Pete Long. Somehow I lost the question/answer part dealing with program removal. When page down now do not get much past the blue categories outline, whereas on first effort found aforementioned item -- dozens of them. Why cannot get back to it I know not.

Had hoped to email expert Pete, author of the "approved solution" but after going to his website + Google I gave up. I wanted to draw his attention to his solution wherein an early instruction is right-clicking the appropriate program. As you know, for me that is a complete disaster, resulting only in an hourglass icon which remains indefinitely.

I am surprised to note the icon contains HP (as in Hewlett Packard). What this is doing in a Kodak program I (also) know not. Have emailed HP Support, but first answer no good. Referred me to add/delete. Well, at listing for Kodak, clicking Change/Remove at Remove results in Welcome to installing... Same result with Change.

Cordially, RO

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds