1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shared internet can't get past antivirus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jbicon, Dec 10, 2004.

1. jbicon

jbicon Private E-2

I have several computers on dial up access (only thing available for temp. situation). I have the computers networked and have utilized the windows internet sharing option so I can access from all computers. I am running Windows 98 on a 650 mh with 256 ram.

When I installed Panda Titanium 2005 for antivirus, the software disables the internet sharing option and starts conflicting with outlook and/or outlook express.

I can run the antivirus on one computer without the sharing option and get access to the net and email but as soon as I install the internet sharing option, the software locks out all access to the internet for other computers and starts a conflict within the main pc.

Any ideas on how to get around this?
    Thanks in advance for the help.