Sharing Calendar In Outlook 2013

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crashdance22, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Crashdance22

Crashdance22 Private E-2

This, to me, is something that should be simple. I use Outlook 2013 and manage a calendar for my church. I want everyone to be able to see it. Fortunately I'm an IT guy, so I've tried a few things:

1) Attempted to share the calendar with a single person. When I right click the calendar in the left pane the option to share is greyed out. I'm the calendar owner, why is this?

2) Sent the calendar as an ICS email attachment using "email calendar." To my knowledge this is only a cached copy of the calendar at the present time and not a proper calendar invite email. Invites can only be sent by clicking "share," correct?

3) Disabled cached exchange mode on the recipient's local Outlook profile.

Is there a share permission on the calendar, my local profile, or my Exchange inbox I need to tweak? I need this person to see the calendar live and it needs to update on his Outlook profile when I make changes to it.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi
    Should be a simple option on a network as in create a shared calendar and choose the group to share it with and if they accept then they will have access to the calendar and this info will help https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...r-people-ce386fa9-04e3-43a2-8b08-a6b1ce9ca86d

If you have greyed out options, could it be the network if you have specific network security, but the above link is what I use and works on my gov network which is major secure,

If you get any error messages please do post so we can try and replicate.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds