Sharing Music Playlists

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darlene1029, Aug 18, 2007.

1. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Is it possible to share music playlists from one computer to another that is already set up to share? Both have windows media players. I did go to now playing, more options, network and checked for streaming. Lost now!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Darlene, I'm not sure how you are set up with your network or actually what a network that doesn't use the software I use looks like, but if you can access the music folders on computer "A" from computer "B", then all you should have to do is double click on the music file (on "A") and it should play on "B".
    It works that way on my two PC's. I use Network Magic (the full version).

3. darlene1029

Both PC's are on a router. I used the network wizard in the control panel to set them up. The computers can only access documents from there photos whatever is attached to documents but can not go into programs, thats where my music is, in C, programs, shared file. Am I making any sense? Lost myself I believe, whew.

4. darlene1029

Whoops - PS I do have a my music which contains playlists. I can get to it from the other computer but not play or download. I have music on my computer, playlists. I want to burn them on the other computer which has features mine does not, like the lazier labeling.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Hey, I already gave my two cents. LOL
    This is copied from "Help and Support" :
    To open a shared folder on another computer:
    1. Open My Computer.
    2. Under Other Places, click My Network Places. The shared folders on your network are displayed. If they are not listed, do the following:
    3. Double-click the computer where the Shared Folder is located.
    4. Double-click the folder you want to open.
    Have you set the folders to "share" on the computer you need to access?

You could transfer your music lists on a CD or flash drive and get them to the other PC that way. But I'm not sure if the other would be able to access the actual music files from what you have described. Ok, that's 4 cents now.:D
    If that doesn't work, it's time for help from the big guns. :strong

That's why I love Network Magic, simple, effective, and it wasn't too costly. A great app if you do a lot of swapping between PC's. No, I am not a sales rep. I only play one on TV. :p

6. darlene1029

hope this came out, this is as far as networking goes on both pc's

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. darlene1029

I noticed some are duplicate folders but don't want to delete anything not know what I'm doing

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Sorry Darlene, I want to help but not using the Windows way of sharing, I just don't know what to say. Just looking at your thumbnail, it looks like you should just be able to open ""My Music" on Darlene's computer" from Dan's and do what you want. "Sharing a folder" is about the same as having it on both PC's, the PC just has to go a little further to access it.
    Are the playlists and music files both in that folder?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds