1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing Printers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kevyn, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Kevyn

Kevyn Private E-2

Is it possible to share printers in a network without buying those expensive print servers?

I have a DSL gateway with one wired and one wireless computer. Two printers are connected to the wired computer. I heard from a friend that it's possible to share the printers by configuring some things in Windows XP. Although he has forgotten how to do this, I believe it has something to do with enabling file and printer sharing. Can anyone walk me through the procedure?
  2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. Kevyn

Kevyn Private E-2

Thanks, musksnipe! Network Magic works as advertised. Still, does anyone know how to set up file/printer sharing through Windows XP without installing any third-party programs? And is the procedure any different in Windows Vista?
  4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek