Shrinking resolution size in video files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nexus_, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

So i was using a free software to convert some files into MP4. It pretty much did everything i wanted, except it never messed with the resolution size and kept it the same.

Considering i want to transfer these video files to my phone or handheld device the video picture is sometimes cut off since its stretch too large for the screen its playing in.

Is there any free software where i can just simply mess with the resolution size?

2. Steve83

Steve83 Private E-2

Your phone should be able to easily zoom the view to show the whole video frame. Recoding the video source to a new resolution is a VERY long process - it can take longer than the play time of the video. For more info & specific procedures, browse the Doom9 & AfterDawn forums.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds