/sigh

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lawlacaust, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Lawlacaust

Lawlacaust Private E-2

Alright so I bought an 8 gig iPod Touch about a month ago and when I first got it I couldn't figure out how to connect it to our router(Belkin G+ MIMO Router) until after I read a thread and it recommended resetting the router to default settings. So after I did that and I made sure to set the passphrase, made sure our other computer connected to it and everything and it worked but recently our computer(with the wireless antenna) and my iPod Touch lost connection and couldn't even find our router when I searched for it. So I reset our router to default settings again and set up the passphrase, etc. and our computer connected to it but when I connect to the router with my Touch it says I'm not connected to the internet.

Does anyone know WTF is going on?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

On your Router is SSID turned on and your ipod can find your networks name? and does it have any spaces in its name if so create a new one with no spaces (will need to have all other wifi devices reconnect to the router again as the SSID is changed) and then save and reset router and try again to connect ipod.

Is MAC address filtering on, if its on then enter your ipods MAC address in the list as this should allow it through, to find your MAC address on the ipod goto Settings > General > About and Wifi Address is your MAC code.

3. Lawlacaust

Lawlacaust Private E-2

Earlier today I reset our router to default settings again to see if that did anything and still nothing but then after I reset it I turned on the mac address filtering and put in the touch's and our router's. The router's worked but I still had no connection to the touch. After that I did a factory restore on the touch and when I tried to connect to the internet......still nothing. Am I missing something? I'd really hate to have to send it in to Apple to get it replaced because according to their website if all the steps I've already tried haven't worked then I might've gotten a defective touch.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds