*sigh*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ^NuB^, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ^NuB^

^NuB^ Private E-2

I have pci-e gfx card but lol I switched primary lane to onboard, and now I see only black, how to fix this?... TY

do NOT ask WHY DID I DO THAT, BECAUSE I DONT KNOW xD

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Okay, I won't ask:-D It appears as though you may just be having a driver conflict. If you want to stay with the pci-e card, go into your BIOS and set the on-board video to 'disable.' Personally, I'd stay with the pci-e card, but I can't really determine that until I know what kind of on-board graphics chip you have. Actually, I guess it's really a matter of personal preference. Which one do you prefer? If you could post the make and model of your motherboard, and of your vid card that would help alot! If you have an ATI card and a nVidia chipset, those 2 do not play well together;)

3. ^NuB^

^NuB^ Private E-2

I cant go to BIOS cuz only black screen..-.- thats the problem...:(

4. ^NuB^

^NuB^ Private E-2

mob: M2N68-LA (NARRA2)

GFX CARD ASUS GF 8600GT...

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are connecting your monitor to the 8600GT not the onboard?

6. ^NuB^

^NuB^ Private E-2

how can I connect it to onboard then?

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Refer back to the earlier HP/Compaq Support site link, see Figure 3: backplate - that's the onboard VGA adapter, if you DON'T have a PCIe/PCI VGA card installed, connect to that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds