Silly question-start menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by greybuffalo, Dec 18, 2009.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

How do I,drop,my homepage in the start menu?,or even a explorer,where do I get that to capture it from? page :confused

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Go to your website and from the Home Page (or any page you want to link to), right-click on the screen, click on Send To: and select Documents. Then, in Windows Explorer, right-click on that new file, click on Send To, and select Start Menu.

If you don't have an option to send to the Start Menu, you can take a look at this tutorial*

TO ADD or DELETE FOLDER OR SHORTCUT TO/FROM START MENU: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79571-start-menu-shortcuts.html

(When you're sending the website url to your computer, you can also, if you wish, right-click on the website and select Create Shortcut. This will give you a shortcut to your website on your Desktop.)

*Mods, I don't know if it's okay to link to another forum, so if it isn't, please delete the link. Thank you.

3. KrushR

KrushR Private E-2

depending on your version of Windows, it's not nearly that hard.

(Assuming XP here)
    Right-click your Start Menu, go to Properties.
    On the Start Menu tab, click "customize" (provided you're not using the "classic" start menu)
    on the General Tab, you'll see "Show on Start Menu" at the bottom; make sure "Internet" is checked, and your specific browser.

Opening the browser that way opens your Home page. It's done easily in settings. This way if your home page changes, so does this link. Making a "hard link" above means the same shortcut opens up even if your home page changes. You can also drag a copy of anything to your Quick Launch toolbar (right-click the start menu -> toolbars -> Quick Launch)

4. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

I like your idea of making a "hard link" to the website KrushR. I have Vista however, and in Vista those options are not the same -- I'm trying to find something comparable.

I wish that there was some option in THIS FORUM to have posters tell what is on their system, so we don't have to guess what they are running. Many of these kinds of forums do have a "System Specs" or a similar links, and it really makes helping the poster a whole lot easier.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Unfortunately, most posters don't read the Guides and FAQ, where the caveat is posted:

I agree: specific help could be provided much quicker if pertinent info was included in the original problem report...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds