Simple question (hopefully) for you

Discussion in 'Software' started by DaddySS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. DaddySS

DaddySS Private E-2

I accessed Sears.com for the first time in several months and now it puts the damn S logo on many of my webpages. Where and how is it directing the other webpages from my favorites menu to pick up that icon?:confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

Where is the logo and is it on all your web pages? Can you post a screenshot as an example?

That sounds odd.

Try downloading CCleaner and cleaning out your system. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

another thing to maybe look at (not sure about this, but worth a try): If you are using IE (just going by your term 'favorites') click on Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable/ Disable Add ons > see if you have any Browser Helper Objects that don't look right (sears maybe?)

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its not malware folks, its a favicon, which are buggy at best.

Attached Files:

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Depending on browser, Delete Browsing History in IE 7 removes it for me. Otherwise, as mentioned, run Ccleaner.

5. DaddySS

DaddySS Private E-2

Tried deleting history, try ccleaner next?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Please give a screenshot of what you see. Maybe its not what I thought it was?

7. DaddySS

DaddySS Private E-2

Not very clear but hopefully you get the idea

Attached Files:

8. DaddySS

DaddySS Private E-2

OK, ccleaner took care of it! Thanks!:)

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it taken care of. :)

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have a log in name at Sears.com?

If so you may want to check your computer because Sears and K-Mart were dealing with spyware.
    Article:
    Code:
    http://***********.com/news.ars/post/20080102-sears-come-see-the-softer-side-of-spyware.html
    Since I can't send you directly to the article, you might have to google Sears and spyware to see articles. It made the news around January 2 - 4 2008.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds