sims2 crashes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Misconductorian, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Misconductorian

Misconductorian Private E-2

Ok hey ppl for some reason my sims2 game has started to just crash about15-45 mins into the game and i aint got no clue why ive tryed changing the drivers to the new ones for my video card but that didnt fix it and i also know that there is a working fan on my video card AND that one whole side of my computer case is open so i dont think its a heat issue if anyone can think of what could be wrong with it id love tohear it thanks!

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

side of computer case open = first step into overheating everything.

There is a reason why cases are made in boxes and not with one side panel missing. This is because cases are designed with aerodynamic features. By opening and leaving open a case side this causes any airflow to be nullified, air wont move from your hardware, and will cause general ambient temp around your hardware to rise drastically.

3. jedandjess

jedandjess Private First Class

""opening and leaving open a case side this causes any airflow to be nullified, air wont move from your hardware, and will cause general ambient temp around your hardware to rise drastically""

Hmm, interesting POV. Didn't think of that, but I suppose with these new cases being made to cool UberGraphicsCards and whatnot, it makes sense.

4. Misconductorian

Hey well i put the side of my case back on and it seems to work a bit better BUT my system still restarts itself after about 46 mins of playtime i was also wonderinf if maybe more ram might solve the problem i only have 512mb of ddr and my video card also needs a minimum 300watt power supply and my system only has a 300 watt power supply so if any of those sound like problems or if anyone of ya'll can think of any other problems id love to hear it thanks!

5. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

6. Misconductorian

I have a ATI AIW 9800 pro 128mb card and its not overclocked
    and i used that link for the power supply reader and it says im under 300 watts so yet again im in the dark as to how to fix it any more help would RULE i really need to fix this my girlfriends super depressed that she bought me a new card and it cant play her fav game so yeah rock on ppl!!

7. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

Does this happen on only sims 2 or other games or while doing other things.

8. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

9800pro i believe requires a 300-350w PSU, what may be happening is your reaching capacity load on your current PSU and to prevent damange it shuts itself down.

9. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

Does the fuse in the PSU blow if it gives out too much juice. I had my PSU majorly overheat to the point that it would not work anymore and I had to get a new one. It was scorching.

10. Misconductorian

Well i havent had a fuse blow yet and the only time my system has ever just up and restarted itself is during sims2 although i havent played anyother games that really use the card but if it would help ill play some fear or something for awhile and see if it does the same thing during that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds