single letter commands

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tony Randall, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Tony Randall

Tony Randall Private E-2

Hello,
    New to this game!

When i'm trying to type, certain letters make task box's appear. Such as the letter E makes the 'my computer' page come up and typing the letter L prompts me to log off the computer!!
    There are many more and they're driving me nuts. Can anyone help.
    The only temporary cure is to press ctrl alt del, to bring up the task manager, then click out of it, several times. This eleviates the problem for a while, but it returns!!!!!

Tony

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I'm not sure how this happened but those are some of the short cuts for Microsoft Natural Keyboard with IntelliType. I have the same keyboard and I only access the short cuts by pressing the windows key along with the letter. Can you uninstall the drivers for the keyboard and re install them.

I jumped ahead of myself.
    Are you using this type of keyboard.
    Have you plugged in another keyboard to see if you get the same results.

3. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Is your windows (flag) key is stuck? try pressing it a few times.

Edit: these commands are not unique to the above mentioned keyboard- they are default windows shortcuts, for example windows + L logs you off.

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

The only reason I said that was my keyboard instructions manual pointed it out to me.

5. Tony Randall

Tony Randall Private E-2

Hi Guys, I'll try your reconmendations and get back to you! I only I can finish typing this!!!

Tony

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds