SiS Nightmare.....help needed :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fanadman, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Fanadman

Fanadman Private E-2

Hi all - I was given this old computer to sort out. It's made by Iqon (no longer in business) and is a rebadged Phillips PC. I installed Win XP Pro SP2. The OS installed fine but when I tried to install the drivers nothing would work. The motherboard chipset is an SiS 651 and the graphics chipset is SiS 315 integrated. I downloaded the drivers suggested here but still no joy with it. Cant change the resolution, get sound or install some other devices. Have run Everest as suggested and have attached the report. Any ideas or suggestions would be so great.

Thanks

John

Attached Files:

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hello my friend and welcome to MG's :major , another solution to your problem is findind Hardware ids , you could follow this path !! :wave

Start
    Control Panel
    Administrative Tools
    Computer Manager
    Device Manager right click to yellow question mark Properties
    Details scroll down the bar menu to find Hardware Ids and post here the code !!

3. Fanadman

Fanadman Private E-2

Thanks falconattack

I googled the Hardware ID for the graphics adapter and found this (I know its not your site but it had the correct driver :cool )
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f19/solved-video-controller-vga-356250.html

This had the correct driver I needed.

And thanks to gloozit too for the correct Audio driver.

Machine set up now and ready for the customer to take away

Again, thanks to both of you

John

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

I am glad to sorted out it !! :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds