site connection error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tjet, Nov 1, 2006.

1. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

I have just up graded to IE7 as it is now on the Priority updates list at MS Updates.
    While checking my favorites list I found a site that won't load.
    There is one that won't load.
    When I put my cursor on the diagnose connection problems I get this :
    res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Does anyone have an explanation or fix?

2. Kevman

Kevman Private E-2

Hi Tjet,
    I am geting the same error:- "res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm". I upgraded from Internet Explorer 6 IE6 to IE7 same as you.

I cannot open any web pages at all. Get errror message "Page cannot be displayed" tried the usuall recommended fixes "refresh" page, check internet connection connection my broadband modem dials up connects fine. I have also tried different web browser mozilla firefox but that give a similar page cannot be displayed.

Have you had any replies, or do you know of how to fix the problem?

Do you know what it is whether it is just IE web browser setting, Virus, adware, or malicious software?

I have tried uninstalling IE7 but get the same error with IE6.

I have McAfee internet security and Webroot SpySweeper Spyware installed with McAfee and Windows firewall running.

Are there any Major geek Security experts that can help with this please?

PLEASE HELP/ADVISE,

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Email:- kmcandie@yahoo.co.uk

3. BlackHillsPortal

BlackHillsPortal Private E-2

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

I'm getting this too!
    Here's what I've learned:

1. I have internet satelite "WildBlue" hunch was that it was this.
    I only get the error on sites that have domain referals.. hence forwarded domains.

2. I have three computers in my location. All PC's: One with IE 7, two with IE6

One IE6 and the one with IE 7 both do the same thing.... they flash message down in bottom corner that: Waiting for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm... [​IMG]

This just started out of the blue. I'm a webmaster for over 300 domains, one major community portal. Whats really odd is that this only happens to sites that are forwarded domains and the domains are from a particualr registrar... little brother of GoDaddy.com

Problems I've trouble shot with out remedy:
    Uninstalled: Google search in task bar, Yahoo search in task bar, shut off all spy ware and shut off firewall.

I've noticed that in another forum that someone addressed this as a firewall issue and resolved it, but... you'd think that if you shut off firewall that would fix it... ? doesn't work for me. I still have the problem...

4. BlackHillsPortal

BlackHillsPortal Private E-2

I'm getting this too!
    Here's what I've learned:

1. I have internet satelite "WildBlue" hunch was that it was this.
    I only get the error on sites that have domain referals.. hence forwarded domains.

2. I have three computers in my location. All PC's: One with IE 7, two with IE6

One IE6 and the one with IE 7 both do the same thing.... they flash message down in bottom corner that: Waiting for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm... [​IMG]

This just started out of the blue. I'm a webmaster for over 300 domains, one major community portal. Whats really odd is that this only happens to sites that are forwarded domains and the domains are from a particualr registrar... little brother of GoDaddy.com

Problems I've trouble shot with out remedy:
    Uninstalled: Google search in task bar, Yahoo search in task bar, shut off all spy ware and shut off firewall.

I've noticed that in another forum that someone addressed this as a firewall issue and resolved it, but... you'd think that if you shut off firewall that would fix it... ? doesn't work for me. I still have the problem...

One of the other things I noticed this is doing is that it is adding this string to the address bar automatically on these sites:

[​IMG]

5. FSaitta

FSaitta Private E-2

Hi,
    I have the same problem and I haven't been able to use internet explorer for the past month.Have you had any answer on how to fix the problem?
    If you have please email me as this is the first time I'm using this site and I dont know how to navigate it propley.
    My addr.
    fsaitta@bigpond.net.au

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds