Skip to Win 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by durkinjt, Oct 12, 2015.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

I now have window 8 installed with all its updates, the next step, Win 8.1 can be a long drawn out process installing the updates, is it feasible to jump right to Win. 10 without installing 8.1, will Win 10 be as effective without all the Win 8.1 updates not installed? T.I.A.

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Yes, this is a good choice.
    Just be sure you like 10, you have 30 days to decide before your key is permanently changed to Windows 10.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

As oma pointed out, you can not jump from Windows 8 to Windows 10. You would first have to upgrade to 8.1.

I'd also suggest that before you install 10 when you have Windows 8.1 completely updated you create an image. The rollback, if there is a problem with Windows 10 is supposed to go smoothly. That doesn't always happen. If there is a problem, it is faster to simply restore the image than to spend hours or days trying to fix a broken rollback.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds