Sky signal issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Taraj, May 17, 2015.

1. Taraj

Taraj Private E-2

Hi I am not sure if this is the correct section for this question but wondered if anyone can help. My sky broadband signal is terrible. When I try to use the ipad or kindle upstairs there is no signal at all, it can't see my sky most of the time it finds my next door neighbours (talk talk) when it does see it it says it can't connect, I have tried to use a signal booster (tp link) this does not help at all, my pc also runs slowly I did a speed test the results were

dowload speed 2.66mbs
    upload speed 1.18mbs

I don't know if this is good or bad? Any advice would help, or a recommendation of a good internet provider?

Thanks

Tara

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

It could be just the signal strength from your router to your ipad or kindle. If you move closer to the router does the situation improve. Have a read of http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_improve_your_wireless_network_performance.html

It could be several devices sucking at your single broadband connection and the download shared amongst them.

Which Sky package do you have? If it is standard ADSL and you're some distance from the exchange then speeds appear to comparable but I somehow doubt this given your upload speed. You may be able to improve the ADSL connection speeds by removing the surplus exchange bell phone line wires. Does Sky do fibre in your area?

Also, take a look at http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/broadband_speed_in_my_area_v2.aspx zoom into your area and compare your network speed with your neighbours. You will also see what speed and ISP they use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds