Skype/Google map conflict in FireFox

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeffthecarpenterdude, Jul 6, 2008.

1. jeffthecarpenterdude

jeffthecarpenterdude Private E-2

Apparently there is a conflict with Google Maps loading in Firefox when the Skype extension is enabled. I had no such trouble in IE, and I use both Skype and Google Maps frequently, so I really don't want to go with out either, nor do I want to go back to IE. Is there a compatibility program out there or a "tweek" or something I can use, or will I have to wait for the FireFox think tank to work it out.

2. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

If your useing Firefox 3 it could be a glitch, try version 2 and see if it does the same thing or vice versa. Maybe also make sure you have the correct application for google maps to work(java, active x or flash or something like that) the new install may have blocked it by default?

3. jeffthecarpenterdude

jeffthecarpenterdude Private E-2

Thanx for the speedy response! I am running updated Java, Flash and so on but the problem seems to lay with the Skype extension, infact there is mention of it in the Skype help page. they suggested similar cures as well as a registry tweek or something. I even put Google Maps in the "allow" list in the what ever file, nothing. Something about the Skype extension masks or blocks the map from loading.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds