Skype incoming messages don't show up in chat box

Discussion in 'Software' started by michaelttp, Jan 1, 2013.

1. michaelttp

michaelttp Private E-2

So, until a couple of hours ago, everything was working fine. Soon I noticed that my Skype incoming messages weren't showing up on the chat box. Outgoing messages do show - and they are received by the other person. Whenever I get a message, the notification sounds and yellow flashing skype icon do indicate the arrival of a new message as it normally would; I just can't see it. Exiting Skype and logging back in temporarily fixes the problem. I've also noticed that if Skype is minimized or another window is infront of it, the problem returns. The Skype forums suggest other people have/have had this issue, but I can't find a fix! Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.

Also: I've tried re installing it, that doesn't work either. It's updated to the latest version as well.

Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds