Skype Missed calls

Discussion in 'Software' started by wackywelshman, May 3, 2008.

1. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

Hello all,

I have a Philips VOIP 321 internet phone which works great but every now and again it will go through a phase of rining for about 5 seconds. This morning i've got up to 47 missed calls!

I've tried all sorts of hardware resolutions (New batteries, changing phone sockets, linking the base unit to a different PC, swapping the PC connection from wired to wireless and back to wired again, updating the drivers for the base unit and Skype). None of these has worked or even helpped to narrow down the cause which is why i'm posting this in the software section....

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what might be causing these calls? They are definately not real ones and the display only shows "0000" which I usually get when I'm being called via some intermediate service like Skype or calling cards etc.

My gut says its some sort of interference, be that between the base unit and the phone or some sort of conflict in the computer / drivers, but I cant flippin prove it!

Is there any known history of this? Could something be interfering with the wireless signal and faking calls?

Any suggestions or help would be great, Google didn't turn up anything helpful and i'm beginning to wonder if i'm the only one this has happened to!

All/any help, would be greatly appreciated as a constantly rining phone gets rather anoying!

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds