Skype, steam downloads, and IE 64bit work, but all other connections fail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fz5656, Sep 23, 2012.

1. fz5656

fz5656 Private E-2

So a few days ago I wanted to allow a program through windows firewall but it said it wasn't configured properly and so after some trial-and-error I decided to try a restart to see if that would help matters. Upon restarting it seemed that my internet had failed. I switched between ethernet cord only, wireless only, or both, to troubleshoot if router settings were to blame, but none of the settings worked, and three other computers on the same router still have internet access. Skype still functions properly though, and a few downloads on steam were able to complete properly, however the browser portion of steam could not display anything and internet explorer and firefox both open up but fail to access any webpages. Later I discovered that the 64bit version of IE still works, but that doesn't help the fact that now of my other programs can reach the internet to download or update. Using net info, it seemed to state that "wsahost_not_found" was an issue with my local connection, and I've already tried various basic fixes like flushing winsock, setting dns to the public google dns, and also done numerous malware scans with various different tools in and out of safe mode.

Below is my system info as reported by IObit SysExplorer from the Advanced System Care toolbox.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

We do not allow inline logs as mess up the search function. If you think your log will be helpful, please attach it to a post using this guide: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. fz5656

fz5656 Private E-2

Sorry about that, here's the log in attachment form...

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds