SLAP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Balbanebeoulve, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

Well I downloaded "SLAP!"...and I just wanted to test it out. So I basically asked my friend to give me his IP address and see if he gets the message. Well I tried to slap him and it showed a checkmark on a port and some X's on the other ports. But he said he never received any message...Also I connected it to my zone alarm. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know where he can see the message....Thanks in Advance.

2. Balbanebeoulve

I'm really sorry for double posting, I just don't want this to be forgotten.

3. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

what is slap? something that port scans? i think i 've hear of it

4. Balbanebeoulve

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

His security blocks it. If his system had those ports as being vulnrable then he could have
    The check marked port is Sub Seven port. it shows a check mark because it is sending it using UDP, which just sends the message doesn't need to have an active connection to that port whereas TCP first creats a connection then sends the message.
    Basicly your friend has system set up well nuff so that those ports arn't open to attack

6. Balbanebeoulve

But if he disables his firewall where will the message appear? o_O

7. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Besides that his machine should accept incoming requests then there must be a program running which is listening for the data which Slap! sends.

The Slap! will most likely only be seen by people who is having a network sniffer/trace running on their machine.

8. Balbanebeoulve

Oh...hmm...can you refer me to a sniffer o_O? Or is that not allowed in these forums?

9. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

I'll see if i can write something that will respond to slap,
    Why do you want it? Simple IP based messaging system? <ghetto style lol>

10. Balbanebeoulve

Wow, thanks! I'm just wondering to see if the resources SLAP! takes, is really worth it. I don't think it actually does antyhing but I want to be sure. ^_^, it'd be fun to mess with wannabe hackers. And off topic, how do you make a program? VB?

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

he programs in C and Delphi. he can do pascal too :)
    weve been learning Delphi together recently, hes just got his nails into networking, so i wud imagine that he wants a challenge :D

12. Balbanebeoulve

Wow awesome...hmm what do sniffers do exactly anyway, all I knew they could do was seach for open ports...if you wanted to attack someone. o_O

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

a sniffer actually genearally analyses network traffic. for example i have NetworkActiv sniffer ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2403 ), which tells me about every packet i send and recive, with header information, port information and data information. its quite good for getting trojans and viruses etc.

if you had that running, then it would pick it up with the unencoded message that slap sent. firewall logs would probably have the packet info in them too, if it was decent.

14. Balbanebeoulve

Okay well i gave my friend that program and there's so many options and it's really complicated....Umm I'm sorry for being such a hassle. I told my friend to go into File Sniffer mode and under host name resolver my friend he wrote my IP and under IP level interface to listen on, his ip automatically was put there.

I turned on slap! and configured it to intergrate with Zone alarm and I located the logs for it. Well I used this destination, "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt". So then I gave him my IP to ping me.

Sadly nothing happened....What should we do? Again I'm sorry and Thank you in advance.

15. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

you need to be in packet sniffer mode to sniff packets :D

16. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Ok. after much playing around, i can tell you this. Yes it does send a message.
    My program "works" it will read the connection being established. Only it will not read the message being sent. but i know one is because i set it up to tell me if any text is Recieved.
    Mainly, this program is TINY. it wouldn't use next too any system resources. you can have it running and it will Do its job. how effectivly it does the jobs i cannot tell you. Also the port scanner part of it is the main thing. thats what will give people the shivers :D port scan me i port scan you back type of situation can make them think you will be trying to hack them right back :D
    Just a note, 95% of port scans are just automated by your ICP and other people collecting IPs likely for advertising <ever gotten a MEssenger pop up :D>

17. Balbanebeoulve

Iamien can you tell me a way which I can see it? Me and my friends want to have a good laugh. And do you need to have zeon alarm and blacice to make it work (my friend doesn't)

18. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Ok allow me to explain.
    The program slap does the follow. It scans port and it Broadcasts a UDP/sends a TCP messafe that you specify.
    Someone scanning your ports would trigger it if it was intergrated into Zone alarm, and then it scans and sends. For the person too see the message they need to have something monitering that port, and have it set up as a server which will recieve the text and display it. Some hacking programs might do this,
    The true power of this program is the fact that it Scans back. Thereby making ti seem to the person that cscan you that you have an interest in them now. Basicly they threaten you it "threatens them back".
    This program will not display a message unless a person has a program monitering the port you send message too and that program is set up to recieve the text.
    I hope the helps

19. Balbanebeoulve

Hehe okay I understand that, thanks a lot. Now..would it be possible to make it scan like a few hundred ports, to really scare a person, or do you think that would be a waste of time or something....I know you can add ports but is there like a list I can get and do you think it's a good idea?

20. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Its posible. youd have to set them all up with that or look for another program.
    Personaly i think the whole thing is a waste of time. 95% of port scans are automated processes that just scan random IPs.

21. Balbanebeoulve

Well thank you A lot! I guess it doesn't matter then, but I hope at least one would-be hacker gets scared ^_^.

22. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

i have to say the sending a message thing seems just a leetle bit stupid but i do agree that port scanning sounds FUNNY :D.

Sorry this is kinda after the answer to a question but i wanted to put my 0.02 before you all went off and found another problem :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds