Slip streaming Windows XP sp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by aravind, Feb 21, 2010.

1. aravind

aravind Private E-2

Hi,
    Just as I started the Process of Slip streaming Windows XP sp3, I wasn't able to copy 2 files (WIN51IP, WIN51IP.SP2) from my XP Pro Installation CD to my hard disk.An error message says 'The parameter is incorrect'.
    The Cd seems to be fine as I can boot and install from it.
    I even tried doing it from command prompt to no avail.Kindly let me know a way out or can I ignore these 2 files without affecting the process.

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

You didn't mention what method that you are using to try and slipstream the CD. I just checked a slipstreamed copy of XP Pro OEM that I made last night, so I would think that both files that you mentioned are necessary as both are on the CD. You might try using this, http://majorgeeks.com/AutoStreamer_d4444.html. It is by far the easiest method for slipstreaming that I have found. Hope this helps! :)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Using the mentioned Autostreamer, you can follow this quick guide I posted HERE which may help you.

It was drafted for SP2 but works for SP3 adn you just need the full SP3 network files HERE

*dont need the Everest report as that was for the other poster in that thread.

4. aravind

aravind Private E-2

Hi Novice,
    I was trying to slipstream manually by integrating sp3 into XP Pro sp2 Retail version until I ran into this problem.
    Thanks for the Auto streamer link.seems to be an easy way out.Will give it a try.
    Anyhow I would like know why I wasn't able to copy those files.

@Halo. Thanks for the Quick Guide

5. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Not sure about your copying problem, but I had to try it three times when I manually integrated SP1. Then I found AutoStreamer and haven't looked back since. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds