Slow Boot Speed and Error 1304 With My iTunes...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Taters37295, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Taters37295

Taters37295 Private E-2

My computer recently started booting at an incredibly slow rate. It probably takes at least 2 minutes longer now than it did before. Also, I have a problem with my iTunes, it no longer worked so I uninstalled it and when I attempt to reinstall it, it says, "Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.resources\ja.lproj\iTunesHelperLocalized.dll. Verify that you have access to the directory." It seems that my computer has also recently deleted some of my music files that were sitting in the folders. I have a 512 MB RAM, 256 GB Hard Drive, WinXPProfessional, Pentium4 3.00GHz. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. Taters37295

Taters37295 Private E-2

I already went through all of the malware steps without any results. I then posted on their forum and I was told that I do not have a malware problem, but most likely a hardware problem instead. I just went through the steps for the itunes uninstall and it told me I had a data error (cycle redundancy check) for iTunesHelperLocalized, which is what I've been having trouble with during my reinstall.

I'm posting a link to the original message and discussion that took place in the malware forum.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96355

4. Taters37295

Taters37295 Private E-2

Does anyone else have any ideas as to how I can fix this problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds