Slow computer and I'm clueless!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lizcaraz, Oct 4, 2008.

1. lizcaraz

lizcaraz Private E-2

My computer is slow to startup and I have no clue what to do - not a good combination. After reading the forums I learned that you'll need the Hijack This log to help so it's attached.

Many thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. Sharagoz

Sharagoz Private First Class

How slow is the startup?
    Is it the whole boot process or just from the time the desktop starts loading?
    Any slowness after the startup is done?

There are some unneeded startup items in your log, but nothing more than an average computer has, so I think the slow startup is related to something spesific and not just too many startup items.

4. tym

tym Corporal

I would download and use Startup Inspector. It will help control what programs run during startup. Major Geeks will probally have it. No link.

Just rember to hit the "consult" button and it will help you decide what to take off and what you can keep. Its pretty safe.

http://www.windowsstartup.com/startupinspector.php

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm far from a HijackThis expert, but your log looks pretty clean to me. There's an O16 entry for Snapfish that I've never seen or heard of; and there's several Siber System AI Roboform entries but those are safe, just probably unnecessary.... follow Fred's advice above and check out the article he linked you to and follow the steps. You may be surprised ;)

And welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds