slow computer--where can I find out what processes are running and usage amount

Discussion in 'Software' started by billp, Jan 17, 2007.

1. billp

billp Private E-2

Can anyone offer help. Thanks.

My computer although brand new is too slow. I have only installed Avast antivirus, ccleaner and some other spyware program and another program. I'm currently running on windows xp firewall and OS is windows XP professional. RAm =2GB (partition into 2 spaces where c drive = 50gb). Processor = C2d E6300

Where can I look at to determine what are the processes that are currently running on my computer and the usage amount that its taking up? Need this to troubleshoot the slowness. (have already scan the computer and its free of virus and spyware). TIA.

old version of ccleaner use to be able to see this but now with the new version, I can't see it.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

CTRL+ALT+DELETE then click on Processes Tab

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds