Slow desktop, slow Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by swennybear23, Nov 27, 2008.

1. swennybear23

swennybear23 Private E-2

A couple months ago I followed the procedures to remove a Virtumonde, however, after doing that my destop and Internet Explorer were slow. The individual helping me said it was a software issue and to start a thread in there. I finally have some time to take care of this!

I have already ran all of the read/run me first with exception to MGTools and MSConfig. All of the scans so far are clean. However, I have noticed my Sophos picking up a Troj Downloader?? the last few times I have been on my computer. I will patiently await your directions/assistance. Thank you!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

As it appears you have picked up another malware issue since they last helped you, you would need to start a new thread again in the Malware Forum and work through the Read & Run Me First again, posting the requested logs. Once your computer has a clean bill of health from the Malware Fighters we can start to work on the issue of the slow desktop and IE.

Until we know it is clean there really is no benefit in working through the slow issues you are experiencing as they could be directly related.

Once you are clean, come back to this thread as soon as possible so we can work on this issue before you risk getting any further malware ;)

3. swennybear23

swennybear23 Private E-2

Will do. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds