slow downloading from P2P

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by billybignuts, Apr 4, 2005.

1. billybignuts

billybignuts Private E-2

I currently use emule as my P2P file sharing program which has been working fine. I recently downloaded microsofts updates for my PC and whenever i try to download from any P2P program the maximum it will download at is approx 7Kbs when i used to get 50-50Kbs. If i download any program off the net it will dowload at good speeds the problem is only when i use any P2P program.
    Please help

2. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Here some advice, stay away from illegal activities using P2P programs.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Some p2p programs requite ports opened in your firewall/router. Now other then that we really can't offer much help sorry!

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Sure we can...

Do you know what ports emule uses? have you tried downlaoding other thigns through emule that maybe have more seeds or locations to download from? It might just be the things your downloading right now that are causing the delay beacuse you may only be downloading from a few people. These can all effect it.

If you do need to open a port for emule, please tell me your router model and manufacturer, and I'll you through port forwarding which allows you to open the ports you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds