slow internet or no internet at times

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nspeissegger, Jun 21, 2010.

1. nspeissegger

nspeissegger Private E-2

Hello! I've had this problem for 2-3 days now
    My pc is connected directly to a router (arris) via ethernet. Sometimes the internet gets really slow and loads the pages really bad (fails to load some images and the layout looks terrible) and sometimes it doesnt load them at all. Sometimes the internet works perfectly fine. Whats strange is that it works perfectly fine on my laptop via wifi ALWAYS (when the internet on my pc doestn work i just use my laptop). I ran my antivirus and Malwarebytes and they didn't find anything.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

It could be that your NIC card is dying. Can you connect wirelessly with this computer? If so, do you have the same issues?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds