Slow Laptop After Removing Malware

Discussion in 'Software' started by mayerda13, Jan 25, 2009.

1. mayerda13

mayerda13 Private E-2

How's it going MajorGeeks forum,

I recently posted in the Malware section since I was infected with the Adware.Vundo.MsJuan thing. I did the requested steps, attached logs and removed what I was told to remove. Now the spyware searchers come up with nothing every time i run them. However, my computer is still slow, I still have random pop ups, and sometimes the page I'm viewing gets redirected to another. I was told to redirect my posts in this section. Whoever replies first please tell me what other information you need to make this easier for you. Thanks! I really appreciate all the help that yall give.

Derek

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Hmm, when you say, "I still have random pop ups, and sometimes the page I'm viewing gets redirected to another", that leaves some doubt that your system is completely malware free.

You might go ahead and get CCleaner. See http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650 for more detail. Let us know how it goes.

By the way, do you have all your important files backed up on some type of external media?

Second edit: I really don't spend much time in the Malware section. So, perhaps you've already been advised to use CCleaner.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds