Slow typing Here????

Discussion in 'Software' started by SkayCD, Feb 15, 2008.

1. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

I seem to be having a problem with posting here, every word is extremely slow!! :confused

I have to type out my message in my mail and then copy it into the post here because it takes for ever to type something here. I can sometimes count up to 4 seconds between each letter when typing here. Can you think of any reason this would be happening and what the solution might be. I have no problem typing off line, course I haven't tried in any other site.

I downloaded CCleaner and ran it and things seem to be much better for one message but this one and the last were slowed again.

Thanks for you help, don't know what I would do without this place and all of you....:)

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, why not try to log into another site and type a message there and see how that goes. It sounds to me like it might be your internet connection, or your browser is doing something weird. There's also the chance that it's malware, or something in your system is eating up resources. Read this link about PC maintenance and follow the steps, maybe it will help. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650
    If not, read this and follow the steps, and post in the malware forum if some scans comes up positive: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

BTW- it might be easier to type the message in Notepad, then paste it here, instead of having to log into your email to type a message... but hopefully you won't have to do either of those after following the steps above.
    ;)

3. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

:waveThanks so much dlb for all advise, I will now and give all a go.

I will run all protection programs first to check again for anything that shouldn't be there, so far have come up clean on this part. Will post back results after doing everything.

4. AgentJMS

AgentJMS Private E-2

1. You type 500+ words per minute.
    2. Malware.
    3. Major Geeks Problem (Highly Unlikely)

:D:D:D

5. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

I have done all that you suggested except for the very last link.

When trying to type on another site all went well but still slow here.:( I am typing this message in my note pad (thanks for the suggestion:)) because of that.

If you think I should do all of the last link let me know.

We're having a storm rolleyes here so think I'd better shut down and unplug everything before I get my computer fried and me along with it. :eek

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Have you tried using the default font and size here?
    Just a suggestion, as I have never seen anyone claim that problem here before.
    Lately, the site occasionally has had a server problem or something that causes a little problem, but it doesn't last long and is not that often.

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Good idea!
    If you've run some basic scans and they come up clean, and the slow type is only here at Major Geeks, then something VERY strange is going on. Maybe the way that your ISP connects you to the MG servers is really messed up.... if you're on dial-up, that would explain alot (especially if you're using AOL).

8. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

Thanks musksnipe & dlb for responding. :wave

Yes I have used the default front and it still made no difference. I am not on dial-up or AOL.
    I have DSL (only 100.0 Mbps:() which is better then the dial-up but slower then highspeed. Living in the country, we don't have a lot of choices around here and cost are unbelievably high for what we get. My server may well be my problem. Not complaining, glad to be able to get this much at least. :)

I may next try getting rid of a few programs that I never use to see if that helps.

9. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

why not try installing another web browser? if using IE use firefox instead, you dont have to keep using the other broswer but atleast you can possibly narrow it down to a broswer issue?

10. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

Thanks for stopping in to help. :)

I use Firefox but did try it out in IE to see what happens there, it was the same old story.

11. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

what about trying a different message editor interface? in

User CP > Edit Options (left side menu) > Scroll down to Misc Options

there are 3 types available to me:

Basic Editor
    Standard Editor
    Enhanced Interface

again maybe changing this can help narrow down the issue?

12. SkayCD

SkayCD Private E-2

I don't see anything here that says letter option but I switched letter mode and it works great like this. :celebrate

Thanks for making me take a second look at what was right in front of me! :D

Wow! What a difference! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds