Slow WinXP on Athlon64 3000+ ... :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeepSpace, Sep 17, 2005.

1. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Private E-2

Hello,

I have a brand new computer wich is exactly like that:

EVGA GeForce 6600 256MB
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    1 GB of Kingston RAM (2x512 MB)
    ASUS A8V-E Deluxe motherboard
    160 Gig SATA HD, 7200RPM

Windows XP SP2 with all updates I can think of

The problem is, Windows XP (32) is kinda sluggyish, lets say I am playing an MP3, the system gets a little bit laggy and the sound is clipping.. i've tryed with 2 soundcards (the onboard one, and my m-audio audiophile usb one..) and still hapenning...

I am wondering if anyone ever had a similar issue, I mean, XP shouldn't be lagging with that kind of system just by playing a *($@ mp3? :mad:

I've noticed the CPU usage tend to peak when that happen, like the cpu usage will jump to 90 ish % and then i'll hear the clips in the sound, mostly when I open a program (like IE) while playing a mp3...

Thanks

2. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Private E-2

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention:

I have installed Norton Antivirus, so the system is absolutly virus free, and also Microsoft Anti-Spyware + Ad-Aware, so system is also spyware-free. The problem was hapenning before I've installed theses software, and ain't got resolved :(

3. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds