Slow Yahoo Home Page

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jud149, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Jud149

Jud149 First Sergeant

Windows 7, Firefox... As title says, very slow and jerky when scrolling down most of the time. All other sites are fine.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Jud149 likes this.
  3. Jud149

Jud149 First Sergeant

Well, that sure took care of that problem. I have AdBlock but adding NoScript did the job. This addition did block my 3 daily crosswords but clicking "allow this page" cleared that problem. Any other problems I might run into with NoScript. Is it ok to run both adblock and noscripts together? Many thanks for the help. I keep thinking I had some malware.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I'm glad it worked. NoScript is excellent! When you are on a website regularly just allow Script that enables you to use the site the way you want. On some sites you can choose 'temporarily allow' sites one by one until you know what's required.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. Jud149

Jud149 First Sergeant

I did add/edit "Is it ok to run both adblock and noscripts together? Didn't know whether you saw it or not. Thanks again.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes they are quite different but complimentary. They have no conflicts.

7. Jud149

Jud149 First Sergeant

You da man!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds