sm bus controller/bluetooth

Discussion in 'Software' started by adidascoin, Jan 4, 2013.

1. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

Would an "SM Bus Controller" that is missing drivers cause bluetooth devices not to run? Ive had that message in the device manager ever since my upgrade to Ultimate. Tried the GPU chipset on the AMD site with no results. And even though my bluetooth devices say they install, my BT icon says "no bluetooth device connected" with three different transmitters. Ive been battling this bluetooth issue for over a month and its stressing me out! ANY help is appreciated specs are listed below.

Toshiba L775D-S7112
    AMD A4-3305M APU 1.9GHZ
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes it could as you need to install your chipset driver as that is the SMBus driver, then install any BT driver.

Any device that in Device Manager that has a yellow ! mark by it can cause issues with hardware,

Weirdly Toshiba no drivers are listed on the Toshiba site I looked at, so maybe attaching the log from the below may give us clues, unless you already have a driver CD from Toshiba to allow you to re-install these drivers.

3. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

hope this helps

Attached Files:

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Attached Files:

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, adidascoin, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

Here's a link for the Bluetooth package: tc00439100e.exe.

The download is located on this Toshiba page - Toshiba (for some reason) does not list their 'chipset' drivers as 'chipset' drivers :)confused), so you might have to drill down on the list to find the correct software for your SM Bus Controller.

You might also try letting Windows update the driver through your Device Manager.

For what it's worth, your report shows a Pegatron Corporation TKBSS motherboard with an AMD A4-3305M Liano CPU.

EDIT: Ah, falconattack - didn't see you lurking there! ;)

6. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

to answer all questions, i think that bluetooth pack is one ive already tried, but i did it just ine case, (left my bluetooth adapter at home so i cant verify anything right now) as for the chipset drivers i havnt found anything, maybe if i dig through the AMD and Pegatron sites? and also windows update cant find drivers online for the sm bus.

7. Caliban

FYI: I have seen references to a "Hudson-2" chipset (AMD) for the Pegatron TKBSS.

Also, "Pegatron" is apparently an OEM motherboard division of ASUS. Makes sense: ASUS is derived from Pegasus, the winged horse...;)

8. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

Im not seeing the Hudson 2 drivers, or the one for my mobo model on google or anywhere. ugh i need this fixed.

9. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

well, i tracked down an ASUS mobo with the same AMD chipset, it errored out before finishing, but in that time it must have installed the sm bus drivers cause my device manager is error free, however, bluetooth dongles are still inop.

10. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

update, so i have bluetooth drivers, device manager is "clean" but i have no BT interface, no BT in control panel ect. BT service is set to auto in admin tools. ideas?

11. adidascoin

adidascoin Private E-2

SOLVED

So, i went in to device manager and changed the the dongle from CSR bluetooth device to CSR bluetooth radio and BAM all is well. Thanks all, and Caliban you were dead on with your chipset lead, thanks again.

12. Caliban

Great job! Glad you got things sorted, adidascoin, and thanks for the feedback.

13. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Always falcons is lurking , but you have the solution to this problem Caliban :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds