SM Bus Controller Driver?

Discussion in 'Software' started by spirittoo, May 22, 2012.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:major At ease men ....
    Well sir ... I'm looking at my device manager in a attempt to find out why my computer won't shut down ... I'm in XP and the "Other" has the classic yellow question mark and the "!" also in yellow ... stating the SM Bus Controller doesn't have a driver.:confused Well sir ... I look for this driver online but have not been about to find one. I believe the system specs are listed in my sig.

If you know where I can get this driver please post. Thanks for reading my post.:wave

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Yeah ... the shutdown thang is a real head scatcher:confused so the Chipset/LAN driver will be the sm bus controller? I am running 32bit for both OS.

Thanks for posting ... and the link :wave

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Yes, the SMBus controller would be part of the chipset driver.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave That worked just fine. I downloaded the file, then I extract all the files. I opened the device manager and when to the "other" highlighted the SM Bus went into properties to reinstall the driver, then I told it where to find the file. Problem Solved!

Thank ye ... thank ye kindly.:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds