small problems with Gforce FX 5500

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by megametalhead69, Jun 7, 2004.

1. megametalhead69

megametalhead69 Private E-2

Hey whats up all I bought a NVidia GEforce FX 5500 256 MB card. and im pretty sure i installed it right but for sum reason when im in the middle of a game it freezes for like 2-3 seconds then continues playing...dont know if it makes a difference but im playing ut2k4 (offline) and on the best settings cause this card should have no problems with best settings. also since if put in the new card iv noticed that my comps lagging a lot and when i check the preformace tap on Task manager my CPU usage is 100% when the game is being played..shouldnt the graphics card be taking care of the game with out taxing my CPU..

I thanks you for your time and please post if u think u have an awnser

2. dutch2005

dutch2005 Private E-2

I have same exact problem, have you ever figured out a fix??? Same card and pretty mid range gaming machine with gig of ram and AMP Sempron 2.0ghz cpu, thermltake volcano 2 fan and good case cooling. I use Nvidia Audio, i dont know if thats a problem??

Someone on another forum told me it can be conflict with onbaord audio

Thanks Bro

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds