Smaller Portable Hard Drive's? Help Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ANHEDONIC, Feb 18, 2006.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

Okay, I'm trying to find an easy & reliable way to back up maybe 10 gigs of music. I have many other CD's that I'd like to rip into mp3's and back up onto a hard drive...

I was at Best Buy the other day and see that the highest flash drives go is about 1 - 2 GB and the cheapest portable hard drives are about $100 and 100 GB or so....

This isn't very economical for me... I'm wondering if anyone makes a smaller portable hard drive that is more affordable...

Anywhere from 20-40 GB would be more than ample....

Right now, I've got maybe 7 GB's of songs backed up onto CD-R's... However it's a pain in the arse to back things up like his and I've read that CD-R's have a limited life span before they will no longer read...

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated...

2. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

I should clarify... I'm looking for an EXTERNAL hard drive....

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You can always build your own external drive.

It's very simple, and you can easily buy the enclosure.

4. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds