SmapLS could not locate dynamic link library KERNEL.32.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by seayahlater, Apr 6, 2009.

1. seayahlater

seayahlater Private E-2

I have a card installed on my computer that runs with an older program that when started, I get the message "The procedure entry point SmapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL.32.dll

Note that the company is no longer in business so I can't download updates. I'm running Windows XP under the compatibility mode for the program and when I try to delete it... to see if reinstalling helps I get the message "This program needs the Windows 95 Shell interface.

Is there a way to solve both of these problems... I payed a great deal for the Video Capture card (DV Master) a long time ago and there is nothing out there on the market that compares.

I'm not a computer geek but the system I am running I built myself.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Service Pack level are you upto with XP? (latest is SP3)

Plus as much info as possible and the full error messages or any info gleaned from Event Viewer logs linked to just these errors maybe helpful.

Could give this thread a read and see if the file winmm.dll or the scenario in this thread is applicable to you http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101529

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds