Smasung DVD Burner SH-202G

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kamkar1, Jan 12, 2008.

1. kamkar1

kamkar1 Private E-2

Happy new year...

I updated my computer cd drive in xp home edition with Samsung DVD burner model SH-202G few days back. I also learned, Samsung does not provide driver to configure the machine, and there are no drivers on their website.

I am trying to burn DVD with media play, but it does not see the drive.
    Any ideas how to fix this problem?

thanks
    jk

2. kamkar1

kamkar1 Private E-2

I made a mistake in the model number .. it is SH-S2020G.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have a link to the program Media Play? I've not heard of that one.

Newer DVD players should be automatically detected. Doesn't your burner appear in My Computer and in the Device Manager?

4. kamkar1

kamkar1 Private E-2

Re: Smasung DVD Burner SH-S202G

yes, it pops as cd/dvd, but the drivers are for cd players and not dvd.
    I also installed couple or recommended MG dvd burners but it still would not burn. I am planning to return the burner (newegg . com ) and get one with software included.

thanks for your response.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There is no such SH-S2### anything.
    The highest is SH-S1###

I can find SH-S202G rated but not anything like SH-S2020G

also what is media play?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I work part time in a PC store. I have sold MANY DVD drives. None of them come with drivers. The operating system should auto-install the drive and the needed drivers to recognize it as a CD or DVD drive. What happens when you try to burn a DVD? Are you trying to burn data to the DVD or a movie? If burning a movie, it will not play in a regular home DVD player unless it is burned in DVD format. Personally, I think the drive is OK, and that you have a problem with the OS, or you're not burning correctly, or you don't quite understand what a DVD burner can and can't do, or how to do it. There is a model SH-202G. It's an IDE (or PATA) DVD burner. Be sure to set the jumper correctly or you'll have problems. Or I'm totally wrong, and the drive is faulty. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds