Snowy screen on Chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doctorwho281, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Doctorwho281

Doctorwho281 Private E-2

Hi everyone;

Apologies if this post is in the wrong thread ahead of time.
    -----------------------

Ive never come across this before but last week my TV which is connected to my laptop via HDMI; displayed this message stating my display had been changed, the screen flashed on Chrome that I was using, and then all of a sudden I started seeing a snowy screen on Chrome, and as I would type or do anything in Chrome, the snowy screen got worse and worse to the point that the entire screen was lots of snowy haze.

So I downloaded and installed Advanced System Care Pro and ran it and it found over 200 internet browser issues and then I restarted. Well, its been over a week and no issues but now it happened again just today.

Im wondering if a plugin is failing causing this or if this sounds like a virus? Seems the only way to get rid of it for awhile is to restart my computer. Then if I reopen Chrome, it doesnt do it for awhile.

Thanks

2. Doctorwho281

Doctorwho281 Private E-2

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I completely forgot to provide this.
    ----------

1: We always need to know what operating system you are using.

Windows 7 Home Edition

2: If it’s a brand name computer, then let us know the make and model. Often times, this will be on the back of your computer.

Asus G60Vx series laptop

-----------------
    I will try Firefox. I know my IE is screwed up right now. I dont know what is wrong with it as all it does is display a blank screen. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled IE and same thing, but that is another matter aside from this one. I dont even use IE for ANYTHING. I prefer using Chrome only as Ive had massive issues with IE in the past.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds