So, decided on an HP laptop - local ad.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bocaj, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bocaj

bocaj Private First Class

2 things however,

1) Is there a way to check if the copy of XP on it is authentic?
    Buddy got me all paranoid now and told me there's a site on M$ that'll do that for you...???

2) It doesn't come with recovery discs, but you can create your own through PC recovery.
    By creating these, do I have to re-enter the XP serial key all over again if i run these discs to reinstall everything?

Thanks

2. eeze2020

eeze2020 Private E-2

You Shoulnt Have To Re Enter The Win Code Again,easy Way To Check Is To Run Windows Update ,it Wont Be Long Telling You If Its Valid Or Not As It Has To Validate To Run.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

4. eeze2020

eeze2020 Private E-2

5. eeze2020

eeze2020 Private E-2

same difference,and your right in your quote,but all is relative in knowledge,if my comp goes wacky you could maybe fix it,but if your going to die after an accident i could probably fix you,everything has its place,saving or should i say helping to save life is place,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds